Enlightening Thoughts

Sunday, February 27, 2011

American Pie, but with a burger instead

      Yeah, I would totally do it. A big juicy burger, hot french fries, and a bevy (adult or not) is one of my all time favorite meals. I freakin love hamburgers! Now of course I'm
a fan of all the major fast food burger chains, but that's all they are, fast food. They're a corporate controlled product made for the masses (and no that's not an anarchist statement, their system of making burgers is set and controlled by the corporation that owns the restaurant name). But if you want a quality burger, one that's endless in the possibilities of it's creation and deliciousness, then then only place you can go is a burger joint. Some of my favorites are Ab's Drive-in, Millie's, Smile Cafe, Cotton Bottom Inn, SmashBurger, Busy Bee and of course In-N-Out (though still a chain, small-time chains are big-time tasty). A burger rivalry here in Salt Lake is who has the best garlic burgers, Cotton Bottom or Busy Bee? Well I would definitely say Busy Bee, and their pastrami burgers are just as mind blowing (or load blowing). So for those of you here in Salt Lake, I've scanned pages I tore out of Salt Lake magazine on the 75 best burgers. I still have yet to try like 70 of these! Just post a comment with your email address and I'll send it to you. So if you're like me and you can't get enough hamburger, stop routinely going to the major chains and start searching out your  local favorite burger joints and I promise you wont be disappointed.
      Oh and did I mention eating a burger is showing your American pride? Hell yeah, the hamburger is an all-American staple! Forget it's controversial origins, the only thing that's important is that the USA has developed the burger into it's greasy greatness as it exists today. So show your patriotism and eat a burger with a side of red, white and blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment